Catnic are the leading UK supplier of steel lintels and building components. Established in 1969 we have over 40 years experience in the design, manufacture and supply of quality products. We serve a variety of demanding markets worldwide and are supported by a global sales and distribution network.
Acknowledged for excellence of service and conformance to the highest quality standards, Catnic products have been installed successfully in municipal buildings and domestic properties in over 30 countries worldwide.
Catnic are pioneers of the steel lintel, produced with a corrosion protection system, built-in damp proofing and continuous insulation making them the most unique on the market.
Manufactured from high quality steel, Catnic lintels are made for any size and shape doorway, archway, window or opening Designed the innovative CG lintel, fitted with discrete brackets, to deliver a psi-value of 0.2W/mK, meeting Part L of Building Regulations thus helping to save on average two to five millimetres of cavity wall insulation. .
Catnic was the first:
- Lintel manufacturer to be certified to BES 6001, maximising the potential for obtaining credits under the Responsible Sourcing of Materials sections of BREEAM, the Code for Sustainable Homes and CEEQUAL
- To develop the steel lintel in the UK and the first to gain both BBA Approval and the coveted Kitemark to BS 5977
- Manufacturer to employ the revolutionary Duplex Corrosion Protection System on its lintel as a standard offering
- To incorporate a built-in damp proof course into its lintels
- To provide a built-in plaster key
- To CE mark its lintel product range
Expanding on its leading reputation, Catnic manufactures several ranges of superior steel products such as the SSR2, a lightweight and versatile standing seam roof and cladding system. Designed for the urban environment SSR2 is seven times lighter than conventional roofing tiles, 100% recyclable and is accompanied with free installation training and a 15-year system guarantee.
In addition, the recently re-launched Builders Metalwork range is a comprehensive range of connectors for timber and masonry construction. Completing its range of building components, Catnic’s Plasterbead collection offers a diverse range of products manufactured to industry leading standards. With a variety of plaster thickness’ and component materials, products are suitable for all applications providing resistance to chipping and cracking.
Selecting the Catnic brand assures that the products you have chosen are of highest quality and are fully supported by our extensive distributor network.